I write so much these days about the War in Iraq. It's greed-inspired and evil, and has corrupted our country's very soul, and divded its heart, like nothing before it. It gets me down in the dumps.
So I started thinking...what gives me Hope? Genuine, feel better, look-foward-to-the-future Hope. I'm a Christian so the list starts there. But I also mean things of this world....the things that touch my heart, forebode a better day. Hope.
1. The endless, infinite love of God.
2. The Holy Trinity....Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All aspects give me Hope.
3. The ministry and teachings of Jesus Christ, the Son. Especially the parables and the Sermon on the Mount.
4. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. The faith and strength of the women who followed and supported Jesus.
6. Mary, mother of Jesus. I understand her.
OK...the very basics out of the way. What in this world gives me Hope?
7. My husband's arms around me. His faithfulness in all things.
8. Our daughter, reading poetry in bed late into the night last night.
9. The sweet eyes and soft cooing of our 4 week old granddaughter.
10. My daughter and son-in-law's courage and excitement to move to a new city, a new state. I admire them.
11. My stepson's strong work ethic and excitement for his endeavors.
12. My son's conquering of his challenges, and his huge heart.
13. Writing, and the gift of writing well.
14. The blooming of a beautiful rose bud.
15. The crack of the bat as our hometown baseball hero hits a homerun.
16. A good, absorbing book to read.
17. Many, many writers and their ideas, blogs, essays and books.
18. Billy Graham's theology.
19. Senator Barack Obama speaking.
21. Music. Especially classical and some jazz.
22. Art museums. All of them.
23. The Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles.
24. My daughter's middle school that she just graduated from. At last, teachers that get it.
25. Farmers' markets.
26. Oh, and a freshly-brewed, venti-size Starbucks French or Italian roast.
This is a short list, and woefully incomplete.
What gives you hope today?
Jesus Christ is my Hope. It is because of Him that I have the hope of a family to come through adoption. Thinking of the children I know God has for me brings me great hope.
I stumbled across your blog by searching for "adoption". I pray you find what you are looking for with your mother's birth family. I promise to record as much information as I can get my hands on so that my daughter/son or granddaughter/grandson won't have to do what you're doing now. Blessings to you and your family.
Post a Comment