- Langorously read from a relaxing book, "A Year in Provence," by Peter Mayle.
- Enjoyed a glass or two of velvety California pinot noir.
- Watched baseball with Ron, especially our surging Los Angeles Angels.
- Attended our annual church picnic.
- Listened to 1960s-era jazz I've grown to savor on my iPod, by Dave Brubeck.
- Made a delicious dinner for Ron and Andrea: seared pork loin chops and paprika cauliflower, followed by lime sherbet.
- AND... took a Sunday afternoon nap.
I now feel refreshed and ready to face the last 57 days of this political season.
And I'm already planning my post-election relaxation: on November 6th, I fly to Denver to spend five days celebrating my parents' 60th wedding anniversary, and to enjoy the Rocky Mountain fall air.
Ron and Andrea can't get away to join me. And I'm thinking that my laptop may stay home, too.