The beginning of a new year, for me, is a time of renewal and excitement....a blank slate and a fresh start. I even love the milestones that herald a new year:
- a new energy-inspiring sermon series by our pastor
- the Christmas tree, decorations and house lights are put away for 11 months
- leftovers from big holiday meals have been eaten or thrown away
- our next-door neighbors got back today from their post-Christmas family visit to Oregon
- the roses had their annual pruning for the rainy months
- children return to school tomorrow
The holidays are wonderful, but the peace and joy of everyday life are important blessings, too.